Damage to your home caused by flooding is not covered by your homeowners insurance policy.
Flood insurance covers losses to your property caused by flooding. From structural and mechanical damage to flood debris clean-up and floor surfaces (like carpeting and tile), your investment is protected by a flood insurance policy.* **
Having flood insurance gives you many benefits. Not only is coverage there when you need it, but it also:
- Compensates for all covered losses
- Compensates for flood damages even if Federal disaster aid is unavailable
- Pays for your covered losses, unlike interest-bearing loans through federal disaster assistance
- Comes in low-cost policies for those who qualify
- Guarantees compensation for flood damages because the Federal government backs NFIP flood insurance
- Helps you move on – if your property is damaged by flood, your agent is there to help you handle your claim (Note: most claims are paid within 30 to 60 days)
If you should have any questions regarding flood insurance, or we can assist you with a quote, please feel free to contact our office.
* Flood Insurance coverage starts as low as $129.00 per year
** You may be at risk even if you don’t live in a flood zone. More than 20% of flood claims come from homes that are not in a high risk area.
With Permission © Insurance Information Institute, Inc. – ALL RIGHTS RESERVED –